Compressed archives are a handy way to share data online: they can contain multiple files and folders, and usually take less space.
There are many compression formats and algorithms, but with IZArc2Go you can easily handle them all. This powerful compressing utility supports dozens of formats, including ACE, 7-ZIP, ISO, LZH, RAR, TAR and of course, ZIP. Plus, IZArc2Go doesn't require installation so you can carry it on your USB drive and use it on any PC without leaving any traces behind.
Working with IZArc2Go is really easy. To unzip an archive, you can open it from the program's top menu or simply drag and drop files and folders on its interface. IZArc2Go includes interesting features such as support for encryption, multi-volume sets, scanning for viruses, and the possibility to create an EXE file that will extract the compressed data by just double clicking on it.
Using a portable version like IZArc2Go has certain advantages; they don't require installation, don't leave any traces on the system and can be run from a USB key. On the downside, IZArc2Go is not integrated with Windows Explorer – a big con in unzipping tools, which are mostly used from the context menu and can't be associated with certain file types – so that you can open archives by double clicking them.
IZArc2Go is a powerful free standalone compression utility with support for many formats and a bunch of interesting extra tools.
- Fixed extracting folders from an archive using Drag and Drop
- Fixed: When create archives IZArc uses DOS path separator ("\") instead of Unix one ("/")
- Fixed handling files with "[" character in the name
- Fixed opening of 7-Zip archives with encrypted file names
- Fixed resetting of list columns
- Fixed sorting of file list by "File Type"
- Fixed Tab Order on all dialogs
- Fixed: After deleted some files in Explorer Display Style the root of the archive is selected instead of keeping the current directory
- Fixed: When adding some files to an archive in Explorer Display Style they are always added under the root of the archive instead of adding them under the current directory
- Added support for multi-volume 7-Zip archives (open and extract)
- Added support for 7-Zip LZMA2 compression method
- Added an option to set all supported file types during unattended (silent) installation using /ArcTypes=ALL switch